Now that I've escaped from Merang Prison...... I kinda miss it./Credits

So, as three weeks pass since the conclusion of NS, I feel a nagging sense of forgetfulness. I feel light-headed, a little dizzy, and unsure of my own condition. Do I miss NS? A thoughtful and mind-provoking question. Well, I'm sure to some people who find it hard to fit in in their first try(i.e me), I didn't exactly shout for joy when I it was announced that I was selected for National Service. Instead, I wanted to dig a deep, deep hole, bury my head in the ground, then repeat the whole process. And dig, and dig....

However, looking back now, NS, for me, has been one of the most enriching experiences in my life, albeit not as enriching as RBS (Residential Bible School) haha...
Anyway, in NS, I met probably some of my best friends, the ones who would pick you up when you failed miserably in the kembara halangan's monkey rack challenge and you fell in the poo-like pool, the ones who would burst out tell everyone your deep and darkest secrets to your crush, the ones who would kawat (or kawad) with you all day long from 5-7:30 when no one's in sight to criticise your steps and laugh at your clown-like rounded hair. Yep, I'm talking about you 12 A's boy, you too Weiz a.k.a The Genius. Err... you too, Kelvin.

Though there was always this girl watching us, never knew who it was. Quite scary looking wei in the dark like that...

Hats up to Halim, the monkey, one of the most genius jokers I've ever seen. Your presence, (although sometimes not wanted) cracked me up (most of the time) and I'm sure, put a temporal smile on everybody's faces.

And that malay guy, Shukri, who came up with that amazingly corny but at the same time, genius nickname for me. (which I shall choose not to reveal at this moment of time)
err... thanks?

And thanks to basically everybody else, regardless of race, who have understood the true meaning of patriotism and striving for the best in ourselves. cheers to you all.

Special thanks to all the chinese people also lah... You really treat me very well..

Also to the beautiful **** ****, thanks for trying to help me with...stuff. haha

Granted, "its not always rainbows and butterflies", as NS also brings out the best and worst in all of us, but it is sometimes best to make mistakes and to be treated badly sometimes. This is the world, if we've forgotten, and people sometimes are cruel. Especially to Christians, it's kinda expected. Not to say I'm not at fault, I am, but that is all forgotten and forgiven.

And I don't hate you. Never did. Never will.
I just leave this passage for you.

1 Corinthians 13
LOVE

4Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud. 5It is not rude, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs. 6Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth. 7It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres.

To conclude, NS means a lot to me, and it definately made me a better person.
So, to those future batches, don't be afraid of Khidmat Negara.
Why be afraid of something good for you?

"" Sourced from Maroon 5's "She Will Be Loved"

(lol, plagiarism, too much mass comm)

Comments

0 Responses to "Now that I've escaped from Merang Prison...... I kinda miss it./Credits"

Update your blog


Name
Email
Company
Blog